Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sign of the times.

So, this weekend Is going to be very busy.

I am seeing a concert tomorrow night with Maynard. Dizmas, Edison Glass, Future of Forestry, and Turn off the Stars at Club 3 Degrees. It should be a fun night. Then, On Friday night, I'm heading out to Cold Spring to go to a bachelor party, which includes pheasant hunting on Saturday Morning. I'm giving him the gift of ammo. I need to buy my small game license, and while I'm at it, my big game (deer) one too. Then on Sunday, I'm going to my uncles place in southern MN and getting my table (and lamp)... Which is over (or around) 100 years old... A family heirloom. I am supposed to get it when I get married (ahem... Glad it didn't happen with "Her name shall not be sung"), but I get it sooner because it sounds like my uncle wants me to have it quicker. Thank you. Then I will go to cabelas and buy some boots. Then Home. And a new week of work, ever getting closer to my 27th birthday.
So, I'll be 27, and unmarried. sigh. I wanted to be married by now (again, Thank You Lord for it not being with "Her"). It seems that ALL my friends are getting married. It's true. So many, just this year too. It's almost like I missed my "slot", but I know that's not true. I don't know if I have any real 'interests', I do, but I just don't know. It's hard to find one that would fit. Do I give up some standards and thoughts just so I can be married, but I'd loose such a part of who I am. The only thing I can do now is just wait and pray. I do pray for my wife, whoever, wherever she is. I just don't know. I only have a few single friends left.
Why can't I be happy in my singleness? My last relationship, which was completely over almost a year ago, was quite the experience. I never want any guy to go though the stuff I had to endure. It's like all the demons from hell were trying to stop us. I don't know how much I was lied to and deceived, I don't really want to know... But if some of that stuff never happened... I just don't want to know really. I wanted out not too long after being in and all the garbage started.
I want to be married, or have a really close lady friend that would lead to courtship, then marriage. Sigh. Lord Help me.
I really want to just focus on the Lord. Not on women and marriage.
Maybe I should put the list of what I'm looking for in a women to marry online.?
What do any of you readers think?

Next Time: The story of AJAX and the Dealer Locator (Yes, Again.).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home